Enterprise grade, real-time protection against Wi-Fi and network threats
- Network threats are 65% of mobile threats detected by Zimperium
- Danger Zone™ provides users with information on nearby Wi-Fi networks and their potential risk
- Activity Monitor™ feature provides real-time information about activity on their device
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 10, 2017 — Zimperium, the industry leader in enterprise mobile threat defense (MTD) and the only provider of real-time on-device protection against known and unknown threats, today introduced two new advanced features for its next generation on-device detection solution, zIPS™. The new features provide mobile device users with valuable risk information related to the Wi-Fi networks around a device, as well as comprehensive threat data on the devices, networks and applications.
Zimperium’s zIPS solution already provides enterprise-grade comprehensive protection for iOS and Android devices, using machine learning engines to detect abnormalities.
With Danger Zone™, users have real-time information on nearby Wi-Fi networks and their potential risk via a map view. Users can determine which networks they should avoid. If a user does connect to a potential high-risk network, an alert and a recommendation to disconnect from the network will be sent. If a subsequent network attack is detected, the threat detection information and risk profile is then provided to other Zimperium users advising of a new Wi-Fi risk.
With Activity Monitor™, real-time information is provided so users can track scans and security checks performed on their devices, the networks they attach to and the applications on the device.
These new features can prevent a hacker from even having the opportunity to weaponize a device as users become more diligent with respect to this most-attacked surface, the Wi-Fi networks.
“Despite traditional threat intelligence reports that mischaracterize mobile security as just a malware problem, about 65% of all mobile threats our customers receive are network in nature, most of them on a Wi-Fi connection,” said John Michelsen, chief product officer at Zimperium. “Not only does zIPS secure iOS and Android devices in real time while preserving a user’s experience and privacy, it goes a step further now to inform the user of dangerous Wi-Fi networks. Corporate data traffic is increasingly flowing directly from mobile to the cloud, bypassing any enterprise security completely.”
Visit Zimperium at the RSA Conference 2017 in San Francisco, February 13-17th, Booth #N4710 to demo these new features and the zIPS app or request a meeting.
Important Detail on Zimperium’s Momentum
- Zimperium just announced its Exploit Acquisition Program.
- Zimperium Mobile Threat Defense was selected as the winner in the Best Mobile Security Product category for the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards 2017.
- Zimperium’s machine learning-based, threat defense solution detects unknown attacks without any updates, including recent bugs like Ian Beer’s new exploit targeting iOS 10.1.1, Gooligan and Pegasus.
- Zimperium partners with some of the largest mobile operators and companies in the world, including SoftBank, Deutsche Telekom, and Blackberry.
- Download our report that found 60% of mobile devices in sample enterprise BYOD environments are vulnerable.
- Refer to Gartner’s 2016 Market Guide for Mobile Threat Defense Solutions.
- Learn about ‘What is Mobile Threat Defense?’
- Watch Zimperium hack into an Android device on Crimewatch Daily.
- Learn about ‘Man in the Middle’ attacks.
Twitter: Zimperium’s new Danger Zone feature arms mobile devices w/ valuable threat data: http://bit.ly/2lwS0X4 #MobileThreatDefense
LinkedIn: Zimperium just introduced two new advanced features to its zIPS on-device detection solution. Danger Zone & Activity Monitor will focus on Wi-Fi and network threats. Read more here: http://bit.ly/2lwS0X4
Mobile threat detection, Mobile threat defense, Mobile cybersecurity, Threat intelligence, Machine Learning
Zimperium, the industry leader in Mobile Threat Defense, offers real-time, on-device protection against both known and previously unknown threats, enabling detection and remediation of attacks on all three mobile threat vectors – Device, Network and Applications. Zimperium’s patented z9™ detection engine uses machine learning to power zIPS™, mobile on-device Intrusion Prevention System app, and zIAP™, an embedded, In-App Protection SDK that delivers self-protecting iOS and Android apps.
Leaders across the mobile ecosystem partner with Zimperium, including mobile operators (Airtel, Deutsche Telekom, SmarTone, SoftBank and Telstra), device manufacturers (Samsung, SIRIN, TriGem), and leading enterprise mobility management (EMM) providers (AirWatch, MobileIron, BlackBerry, Citrix and SAP). Headquartered in San Francisco, Zimperium is backed by Sierra Ventures, Samsung, Telstra, Warburg Pincus and SoftBank. Learn more at www.zimperium.com or our official blog at https://blog.zimperium.com.
Zimperium, the Zimperium name and logo, Powered by Zimperium, zIPS, zIAP and z9 are registered trademarks or trademarks of Zimperium, Inc. in the US and other countries.
PR for Zimperium
InkHouse PR for Zimperium