Mobile Threat Defense &
Cybersecurity for Mobile Endpoints
Why Businesses Need Mobile Threat Defense
According to the 2022 Verizon Mobile Security Index:
- 23% of surveyed enterprises said their organization had suffered a mobile security compromise
- 79% of respondents said the shift to remote or hybrid work has undermined the cybersecurity of their organizations due to the distribution of devices and less secure networks
- 87% surveyed said they have been forced to re-evaluate how they operate as attacks on mobile devices grow
- 46% of the companies surveyed said they had suffered a compromise involving a mobile device in the past 12 months.
Mobile threat defense (MTD) solutions protect mobile platforms by detecting threats to devices, operating systems, the networks they use, and apps on the device. Each of these vectors is vulnerable to a variety of attack vectors.
Comprehensive Mobile Threat Defense
Zimperium Mobile Threat Defense (MTD) – formerly known as zIPS – provides continuous, on-device monitoring to detect known and unknown threats in real-time across the kill chain: device, network, phishing, and app attacks.
- Phishing: Mobile phishing, especially via text/messaging apps and personal email, is a highly-effective way to steal credentials and deliver targeted exploits
- Device: Attackers’ primary goal on mobile is to fully compromise a device to be persistent and weaponize it for “land and expand” lateral movements
- Network: Attackers use rogue access points (RAPs) and man-in-the-middle (MITMs) to steal data and also to deliver targeted exploits to compromise the device
- Apps: Malicious apps can create fraud, steal information and also deliver device exploits
The Zimperium mobile threat defense running locally on the device doesn’t require signatures, a cloud-based sandbox, or even an Internet connection. This means users are always protected and alerted to any actions needed. Even when in airplane mode, roaming or plugging into a port, there is no waiting hours or days to find out if a device has been compromised.
Scalable Enterprise Mobile Security
Zimperium MTD, can be used as a stand-alone tool or integrated with a MDM for managed devices. When integrated with a MDM, Zimperium MTD sends alerts about detected threats to the MDM, and the MDM remediates the risk based on predefined rules. Zimperium MTD works seamlessly with leading MDM solutions, including Microsoft, VMware, BlackBerry UEM, Citrix, Ivanti, and Samsung, and is the only mobile threat defense solution that can simultaneously integrate with multiple MDMs.
Zimperium MTD can also be used for unmanaged devices with mobile application management (MAM). With MAM-enabled apps, when a user launches a work application, such as Microsoft O365, on a mobile device, the application only permits access when mobile threat defense is running on the device.
Mobile Threat Telemetry to Enable Your Security Teams
Zimperium enables security operations and incident response teams with the critical mobile threat and risk data necessary to support modern security architectures. The unmatched threat forensics and risk intelligence data feed can be integrated with leading MDM, XDR, SIEM, security operations (SOC), and incident response (IR) solutions.
But Zimperium doesn’t send a stream of alerts to already overwhelmed security teams. Instead, Zimperium’s risk dashboards allow InfoSec teams to focus on critical areas and establish automated actions within the platform to respond and remediate issues efficiently. Administrators can also set up custom email notifications to ensure the right security and risk stakeholders are made aware in a timely manner.