NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) is designed to secure the assets required for operating North America’s bulk electric system. Since mobile devices from smartphones to tablets are increasingly being used by technicians to service critical infrastructure, it’s vital to ensure organization’s mobile devices are NERC compliant – just as your personal computers and servers are. Fines under NERC approached $4.5 million in 2018 alone.
Zimperium, a global leader in enterprise mobile threat defense (MTD) and a leading provider of real-time, on-device protection against known and unknown mobile threats, hosted a free webinar on June 5, 2019. The webinar focused on how to immediately meet the mobile mandates of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) with the Zimperium Platform. Watch the on-demand webinar recording.
NERC Compliance for Mobile Devices
JT Keating, Vice President of Product Strategy, led the webinar titled “NERC Compliance for Mobile Devices – The 60% of Endpoints Often Unprotected.” In addition, Keating provided actionable insights into the specific mobile compliance requirements and information on how and why:
- Mobile devices are endpoints under NERC;
- You must protect the 60% of your organization’s endpoints (mobile devices) and the already protected 40% (personal computers and servers);
- You need on-device, rather than cloud-based, protection to protect mobile devices;
- Only machine learning-based technology can keep up with evolving threats; and
- You must protect mobile devices against Device, Network, Application and Phishing attacks.
For companies in highly-regulated industries, protecting mobile devices is legally required. However, just checking the compliance box isn’t enough. Fact is, attacks are evolving so fast that compliance laws can’t keep up. Therefore, organizations need mobile security that can protect non-public information today and in the future.
Follow Zimperium on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.