2018 Saw Triple Digit Growth, New and Growing Partnerships and Industry Accolades
DALLAS, Feb. 14, 2019 – Zimperium, the global leader in mobile threat defense (MTD), concluded a record year in 2018 with industry-leading results and triple digit growth, far exceeding industry growth rates. Zimperium’s strong performance parallels the accelerating demand for mobile security and MTD solutions; in fact, according to BCC Research, the mobile device security market is poised to reach $37 billion, globally, by 2022.
“It’s impossible to not look back at our stellar 2018 results without getting excited about what 2019 will bring,” said Shridhar Mittal, chief executive of Zimperium. “Organizations now realize mobile devices are an unprotected endpoint with access to or containing all of the information of a traditional endpoint. And while there are some overlaps in what you protect — email, calendars, etc. — the way you solve the traditional endpoint security problem is completely different than how you solve the mobile security problem.”
“The Zimperium platform leverages our award-winning, disruptive and patented machine learning-based engine, z9, to protect mobile data, apps and sessions against device compromises, network attacks, phishing attempts and malicious apps,” Mittal continued. “To date, z9 has detected 100 percent of zero-day device exploits without requiring an update or suffering from the delays and limitations of cloud-based detection or legacy security architectures — something no other mobile security provider can claim.”
2018 Business Highlights Include:
- Record 140 percent increase in year-over-year growth in total billings;
- Record 132 percent increase in new customer acquisitions;
- Joined the prestigious Microsoft Intelligent Security Association;
- Acquired application analytics company mi3 Security;
- Hired renowned international executive as chief revenue officer and increased headcount by almost 50 percent;
- Disclosed approximately 20 Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) by zLabs, Zimperium’s research group, in multiple platforms (iOS, Android, and IoT) —- more than all MTD competitors combined; and
- Detected multiple, critical vulnerabilities in Amazon FreeRTOS, controlling everything from thermostats to nuclear submarines.
“In 2018, we launched a new version of zIAP, our industry-leading, machine learning-based mobile security solution developed specifically to embed as an SDK into existing mobile apps,” Mittal said. “We are at Internet scale with a brand-new user experience supporting hundreds of millions of devices and functionality targeted at the needs of app developers.”
Product Enhancements and Integrations
- Developed and launched the NYC Secure app, a free, New York City-provided mobile solution that detects and alerts on threats to residents’ mobile devices with the primary focus on user privacy;
- Further developed the integrated protection inside the MobileIron Threat Defense agent, providing instant protection for all managed devices without any user interaction;
- Provided the underlying mobile security technology for the world’s largest device to cloud security company;
- Launched comprehensive and privacy-friendly phishing protection for iOS and Android mobile devices;
- Earned “Co-Sell Ready” Status in the Microsoft One Commercial Partner (OCP) Program;
- Created an easy-to-use, optional configuration setting that ensures advanced mobile device security is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)-compliant;
- Enhanced threat remediation actions for BlackBerry Dynamics-enabled apps in a mobile application management (MAM) deployment;
- Became available for sale in Azure Marketplace (and the only MTD capable of running on Azure Cloud);
- Management console deployment became available in Google Cloud (the only MTD capable of running on Google Cloud);
- Launched Zimperium Splunk App, the first MTD dashboard app in the Splunkbase marketplace;
- Expanded mobile device management (MDM) support with the integration of IBM MaaS360; and
- Expanded Samsung KNOX remediation actions providing administrators granular actions upon threat detection.
Awards and Recognition
- Positioned as a leader in the IDC MarketScape on worldwide Mobile Threat Management Security Software for the second straight year;
- Named a Representative Vendor by Gartner in the Market Guide for Threat Defense;
- Leader Wireless, Mobile, and Portable Device Security in the Cyber Defense Global Awards;
- Overall Mobile Security Company of the Year in the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards;
- Selected to the GSMA 100, the Groupe Spéciale Mobile Association’s (GSMA) global initiative to identify and advance the next generation of connectivity and digital services;
- 10 Fastest Growing Cyber Security Companies by The Silicon Review;
- 10 Most Innovative Companies in Machine Learning by Analytics Insight Magazine;
- Fortress Cyber Security Award by Business Intelligence Group;
- Best Mobile Security Product in the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards;
- Top 20 Machine Learning Solutions by CIO Applications Europe;
- Enterprise Mobile Threat Defense, Hot Company in the Cyber Defense Magazine InfoSec Awards; and
- CEO of the Year, Most Innovative in the Cyber Defense Magazine InfoSec Awards.
“We are primed and ready to tackle the critical security gap challenges today’s enterprise organizations and government agencies are facing with employees performing business on or through their own or company/government provided mobile devices,” Mittal said.
Zimperium will be attending the RSA Conference in San Francisco, March 4-8. Join Zimperium at Exhibitor Booth 4410 (Moscone North) for more information on the latest mobile threats and solutions.