3.0 Mobile Threat Protection Suite Introduces Expanded Protection, Detection and Remediation Capabilities for iOS and Android
SAN FRANCISCO — February 17, 2016 — Zimperium, Inc. announced today the industry’s first mobile threat management platform to deliver continuous and real-time cyberthreat protection for mobile devices and applications. Zimperium’s 3.0 Mobile Threat Protection suite is now available and includes a new product, zIAP™, which enables self-protecting mobile applications, and brings new capabilities to its revolutionary on-device detection technology, zIPS™, and underlying threat management console, zConsole™. The product suite is built on a single platform that is in use around the globe by organizations in the financial, government, logistics, media, technology, telecommunications and transportation industries.
With mobile device use in the workplace at an all-time high — 64 percent of employees use a smartphone at work1 — and an increasing number of Android and iOS vulnerabilities being exposed, enterprises are finally grasping the need to protect against mobile cyberattacks.
“Given today’s increasingly mobile workforce, companies shouldn’t have to sacrifice security in the name of business productivity,” said John Michelsen, Chief Product Officer at Zimperium. “We designed our Mobile Threat Protection suite to help enterprises secure both their mobilized business processes as well as employee, partner and customer apps. With zIAP™, application developers can build security right into an application they are mobilizing, adding an unprecedented level of security for our customers.”
One Platform – Comprehensive Mobile Security and Self-Protecting Apps
zIAP™ protects customers and partners from malicious activity, reduces fraud and safeguards data. zIAP™ embeds the zIPS™ protection engine into any application to determine if the device using the app has been compromised. If the device is under attack, the app is informed and actions are automatically taken to mitigate risk.
Zimperium is releasing its 3.0 Mobile Threat Protection suite including the following features for IT and security teams:
- New Administrator Dashboard with Enterprise-wide Mobile Risk Management View: Zimperium’s 3.0 zConsole™ dashboard offers a refreshed interface, as well as additions to its organization-wide visibility across all zIPS™-managed mobile devices. To assess and mitigate risk, security teams can view zIPS™ deployment information and device OSs, along with a risk assessment, including jailbroken, developer mode, 3rd party app store, and vulnerability status.
- zIPS™ Simplified Threat Guidance for Enhanced User Experience: An improved interface for the zIPS™ App means end-users can more easily understand how to use the technology and troubleshoot on their own, which means administrators receive less support calls.
- Enhanced Integrations with Existing Mobility and Security Infrastructure, including:
- Increased iOS support for both AirWatch and MobileIron for more complete mobile protection.
- App-to-app integration with AirWatch, which means that the AirWatch app and zIPS™ app can communicate directly to provide immediate security right on the device.
- Good Technology Integration, so when zIPS™ for Good detects a device has been compromised it can inform the Good console and suggest remediation to lock containerized apps, further safeguarding corporate data for Good-managed devices.
- iOS Malware Detection, Application Blacklisting and Device Risk Assessment: With enhanced iOS protection, zIPS™ has additional visibility into iOS app-based malware and immediately notifies the user and administrators so they can take action to address the malicious app. To help administrators manage risk and determine if an update is required, 3.0 also adds a device risk assessment capability for iOS, which provides a risk score and context such as the CVE name, related component, type of vulnerability and the severity. zIPS™ remains the industry’s only solution capable of detecting exploit-based system tampering on iOS.
Additional Quotes on the News
“With a workforce reliant on their mobile devices we knew it was critical to protect our customer and corporate data from today’s advanced mobile threats,” said Mike Burgess, Chief Information Security Officer at Telstra. “We rolled out Zimperium’s solution suite to protect our travelling executives’ mobile devices which provided a greater level of protection than our existing Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution. Our Zimperium experience has been a critical and effective addition to our enterprise mobility program and we’re now in the process of deploying it enterprise-wide and making it available to our customers.”
“In 451 Research’s December 2015 IT Decision-Maker survey, mobile security again came out as the top technological priority for the coming year. To safeguard valuable corporate data on mobile, enterprises must have a multi-layered security strategy that goes beyond conventional EMM capabilities focusing on corporate compliance. They also need to manage their mobile risk posture and protect against sophisticated mobile cyberattacks,” said Chris Marsh, Research Director for Enterprise Mobility at 451 Research. “Solutions like Zimperium’s Mobile Threat Protection suite can play a role in that process with its focus on protecting devices and applications from both known and, hugely importantly, unknown threats.”
“Our enterprise customers want to harness the power of mobile to improve mobile worker productivity and transform their business processes, but also know that it’s critical they balance these initiatives with holistic mobile security,” said Ajay Gupta, President and CEO of SDG Corporation. “We’ve recently partnered with Zimperium to add its enterprise mobile threat protection solution to our mobility portfolio because it’s aligned with our focus on IT security and risk management. Additionally, Zimperium’s new in-app protection product provides a simple way to incorporate security into our mobile application development projects.”
“Our team is constantly looking for innovative ways to evolve our technology and better protect our customers and partners,” said Zuk Avraham, Founder, Chairman and CTO of Zimperium. “Most companies developing mobile applications do not have the expertise or time to spend on mobile security. Zimperium’s In-App Protection allows vendors and developers to protect their users from advanced attacks like Stagefright, immediately.”
“Zimperium has taken a big step in moving from some of its leading research and applying it to protecting mobile devices in the workforce,” said Mark Fernandes, Managing Director at Sierra Ventures. “Enterprises need to add security to the device and app level as network security is becoming an increasingly difficult challenge. This new suite of services arms enterprises with the tools they need to truly secure their workforce.”
“As employees continue to access critical data on their personal devices, comprehensive mobile threat protection is essential for all enterprises,” said Shridhar Mittal, CEO of Zimperium. “We’re constantly working to innovate and expand this suite of mobile security solutions to make sure companies and their employees are protected against all attacks, both known and unknown. This new suite of services increases our security reach further with self-protecting apps.”
See Zimperium’s 3.0 Mobile Threat Protection suite in action at:
- Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Hall 5, Booth 5C81
- RSA Conference, San Francisco, Moscone South Hall, Booth #4612
Or learn more here and take advantage of a free trial today.
Zimperium is a leading enterprise mobile threat protection provider. Only the Zimperium platform delivers continuous and real-time threat protection to both devices and applications. With Zimperium, businesses protect devices and apps against known and unknown cyberattacks from a single platform to boost mobile productivity, while safeguarding employee, customer and company data. Serving global organizations at enterprise scale, Zimperium’s award-winning solution is based on a disruptive, on-device detection engine that uses patented, machine learning technology to protect against the broadest array of mobile attacks. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zimperium is backed by major investors including Samsung, Telstra and Sierra Ventures. Learn more at www.zimperium.com or our official blog at https://blog.zimperium.com.
1 451 Research. “2016 Trends in Enterprise Mobility.” October 2015. Page 2.